Ramadhan
When I was little, I used to hate sunset
because it always made me feel sad
I didn't like the transition from light to dark
I sat quietly in my small room today
and watched as the world shifted outside of my window
the rolls of clouds were softly painted in different hues
of blue, pink, violet and amber
of varying depth and intensity
Trees swayed gently in the early summer breeze
I could hear the neighbours chattering and laughing
enjoying their Saturday
I could hear the sound of children playing
in the distance it was a beautiful evening
Before I knew it
the last ray of sun was beginning to disappear
from the sky
and I witnessed ramadhan skipping away
from us
in a blink of an eye
gone is the blessed holy month
and I miss it already
a wave of melancholic feeling washed over me
this is possibly the loneliest I've ever felt
of Eid eve
but it wasn't a bad kind of lonely
it's a different.


Comments
Post a Comment