20
Without catharsis and transformation, all of your pain is just wasted suffering that you just got for no reason. So, you might as well use it, spend it, spend it to buy enlightenment, wisdom, humanity, compassion. I don't know if that's the masterplan of the universe, but I think it's a very graceful way to interact with suffering and pain. I think what you can do, instead of living in fear and hiding in from bedroom from suffering. What will be productive is to embody practices that have been proven to mitigate suffering so that when it comes you're not unarmed. That doesn't mean that you won't be in pain but it might mean that you'll have a perspective, a ritual that will hold you safely through that. -Elizabeth Gilbert.
I think this is a perfectly eloquent answer to the question if there is a such a thing as wasted pain. But intuitively we all know this, for sure: There is no such thing as purposeless pain. There's always a lesson to be learnt. What matters is what we do with the pain we had to go through a transformation, our perspectives will shift after going through a painful situation. It might not be immediate for the wisdom is often unearthed on a gradual cline. Sunsets before a sunrise. Rain clouds before blue skies. Darkness before light. Pain is first felt, before the sweetness arrives.
We fall, we break and we fail. But then we rise, we heal and we overcome.
Have a blessed one - 2020



Comments
Post a Comment